The Department shall;
- Receive complaints and open files for the complainants upon assessment and proof of payment within 1 day;
- Process the complaint and notify the respective advocate or respondent within 5 days of the filing of the complaint;
- Give the advocate or respondent 21 days within which to respond to the complaint and file a response upon payment of the requisite fees;
- Fix the matter for hearing by the Disciplinary Committee within fourteen (14) days from the date of expiry of the response period;
- The Disciplinary Committee shall give its ruling within six (6) months from the last hearing; and
- Extract a decree within 14 days after the ruling.